Buckets Of Fun
Put on a happy Halloween face with No-Prep Metal Paint.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
No-Prep Metal Paint
DMP01 - Bright White
DMP05 - Bright Yellow
DMP06 - Bright Orange
DMP09 - Strawberry Shake
DMP14 - Fresh Lavender
DMP24 - True Green
DMP26 - Bright Lime Green
DMP30 - Espresso Bean
DMP32 - Coal Black
DMP36 - Clear Medium
Brushes - Synthetic Brushes for Acrylics: #4, #12 Flat Shaders; #6, #8 & #10 Flats; #0 & #1 Liners|
Supplies - Water container, paper towels, palette paper, tracing & transfer paper, pencil, masking tape, ruler, vinegar, awl or nail, hammer, towel, raffia
Assorted Size Metal Pails (one white)
Large Coffee Can
Lay tracing paper over pattern and draw the basic lines. Lay this tracing on the surface to be painted. Slip graphite paper between the tracing and the surface. Tape to secure. Trace with a pencil to transfer the design. Do not trace details until after basecoating has dried.
Clean buckets with 1:1 mix of vinegar and water. Rinse and dry.
1. Paint top band Bright Yellow; bottom section, inside pail and handles Bright Orange; top, middle and bottom rims Bright Lime Green.
2. Deepen Bright Orange by mixing with a small amount of Espresso Bean. Load #8 flat brush with Clear Medium. Side-load with orange/brown mix. Paint vertical sections on pumpkin.
3. Trace and transfer pattern. Paint inside eyes Bright Yellow; stripes on green rims, eyes, nose and mouth Coal Black; teeth and eye highlights Bright White.
4. Use #0 liner to paint "Trick or Treat" and eyelashes Coal Black.
1. Paint pail rim True Green; top section Fresh Lavender; bottom section Coal Black; bottom rim Fresh Lavender and handle Bright Yellow. Let dry.
2. Trace and transfer pattern. Paint candy corns Bright Yellow, Bright Orange and Bright White; lettering and stripes on rim Coal Black.
3. Tie raffia bow around pail and secure with glue.
1. Fill coffee can 3/4 full of water; freeze. When water is frozen, place pattern paper on can and nestle can on towel to keep from rolling.
2. Use awl or nail and hammer to punch holes about 1" apart all along the design lines.
3. With #10 flat brush, paint background Fresh Lavender. Add Bright Yellow dots with #1 liner brush.
4. Use #6 or #8 flat brush to paint ghosts Bright White. With #1 liner brush, add Strawberry Shake cheeks and Coal Black eyes and mouth.
5. Use #6 or #8 flat brush to add "Boo" in Bright Yellow.
6. With #1 liner, add Coal Black and Bright Orange checks at top and bottom, with Bright Yellow and Bright Orange checks outlined in Coal Black beneath top checks.
1. Trace and transfer pattern.
2. Use #10 flat brush to basecoat background up to rim Fresh Lavender.
3. With #6 or #8 flat brush, paint sign Bright Yellow, sign post Espresso Bean, and cat Coal Black. Use #1 liner to add lettering with Coal Black, dots to sign with Bright Orange, dots to white area with Fresh Lavender and Bright White dots for bat's eyes.
4. Grass is True Green, using #6 or #8 flat brush.
5. With #1 liner brush, add Bright Orange and Coal Black checks around bottom, Bright Yellow and Bright Orange checks around rim. Add Fresh Lavender line around top of bucket and use Coal Black to outline checks, sign and sign post.