Fang Kitty Pumpkin
This cat pumpkin will glow this Halloween with the shining colors of Americana Gloss Enamels.
Click here for pattern
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
1" flat brush|
Craft foam sheets in black and green
15" length of red grosgrain ribbon
Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
Tracing and transfer paper, optional
Chalk pencil, optional
Palette or plastic plate
Small round pumpkin
Medium pumpkin with large base
Papier mache cornucopia
1. Use 1" flat brush to paint both pumpkins Black, star Lavender, and cornucopia Festive Green.
2. Use 1" flat brush and Lavender to paint spiral stripe around cornucopia.
3. Cut 10" diameter circle from green foam and two triangle shapes from black foam.
4. Trace and transfer face pattern or free hand with chalk pencil.
5. Paint trim around cornucopia and nose True Red; paint eyes and teeth White.
6. Load one side of slightly dampened #12 shader brush with Lavender. Use to paint mouth, feet, and tail, reloading brush as necessary.
7. Paint eye pupils Citron Green.
8. Use liner brush and Black to detail eyes; use liner brush and White to do lettering on star.
9. To assemble, position and glue head on body, green foam hat brim on head, cornucopia on foam. Position and adhere ears on hat brim, ribbon around neck, and star on ribbon.
Let dry between steps.