Have a ball this Halloween when you create these holiday decorations with Crafter's Acrylics.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
DCA01 - White
DCA22 - Bright Red
DCA47 - Black
DCA49 - Bright Yellow
DCA72 - Purple Passion
DCA97 - Bright Orange
DCA103 - Citrus Green
Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
TG01-21 - Triple Thick Gloss Glaze, 6-oz. Spray
DBL1000-B - Liner #0
DBR2004-B - Round #4
DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
Palette or foam plate
Pencil with new eraser
Round toothpick (optional)
Papier mache balls of various sizes
(NOTE: Use flat 3/4" brush to basecoat.)
Candy Corn Ball:
1. Basecoat ball Black. Let dry.
2. Use chalk pencil to mark small triangles randomly around ball. Use #4 round brush and White to paint triangles.
3. Stripe triangles using liner brush with Bright Orange and Bright Yellow.
4. Use pencil eraser to apply Bright Orange dots in open spaces.
Eyeball Ball :
1. Basecoat ball Purple Passion. Let dry.
2. Use eraser and Bright Yellow to dot large eyes on Purple Passion ball. Let dry. Repeat using White and Citrus Green.
3. When dry, use brush handle end with White, Bright Orange, or Black to make eyes. Use round toothpick for very small dots.
1. Basecoat ball Bright Orange. Let dry.
2. Use chalk pencil to mark ghosts on ball. Use liner brush and White to paint ghosts. Let dry.
3. Use brush handle end to dot in eyes, mouth, and polka dots with Black.
1. Basecoat ball Citrus Green. Let dry.
2. Use chalk pencil to mark bats. Use liner brush and Black to paint bats. Let dry.
3. Use brush handle end to dot on Bright Yellow.
4. Use toothpick to dot on Bright Red for eyes.
1. Basecoat ball Bright Yellow. Let dry.
2. Use liner brush and Black to paint on faces.
3. Use liner brush and Citrus Green to paint on stems and leaves.
4. On palette, blend a few drops of Bright Orange with a few drops of Citrus Green to make tan.
Use liner brush tip to squiggle on vine.
Once painted balls are dry, spray each with several light coats of Triple Thick Spray. Let dry completely.