Leaping Santa Ornament
Hang this spry Santa on your holiday tree with Dazzling Metallics and Americana Acrylics.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue|
Facial powder blush
1/2" flat brush
Two mini clothespins and gold cord to hang (optional)
Two extra extra large, one extra large, and one small wood circles, Woodsies
One large, two medium, and two small wood hearts, Woodsies
Four medium wood rectangles, Woodsies
Two small wood teardrops, Woodsies
Four small wood ovals, Woodsies
One small wood square, Woodsies
One mini wood craft stick, Woodsies
1. Paint wood pieces as follows: two extra extra large circles and four rectangles, Santa Red; four small ovals, large wood heart, and two small teardrops, Snow White; two small and two medium hearts and mini craft stick, Lamp Black; extra large circle, Flesh Tone; small square, Splendid Gold. Let all dry.
2. Paint small Lamp Black square at center of Splendid Gold square.
3. Rub a little powder blush onto Santa's face for cheeks.
4. Mix a little Santa Red and Snow White together to create pink, then paint small circle for nose.
5. Glue four rectangles to back of one Santa Red circle. Glue second Santa Red circle on top.
6. Glue one small oval at each end of rectangles. Glue large heart at top of circle and mini craft stick across center. Glue small square on top.
7. Glue small circle to head and small teardrop on each side for moustache. Glue head between circles at top. (Top of heart will overlap moustache a little.)
8. Use end of brush handle to make Lamp Black dots for eyes. Let dry; use toothpick dipped in Snow White to add small dot to each eye and cheeks.
9. Glue small Lamp Black heart at end of each upper rectangle for mittens, and medium Lamp Black heart at end of each lower rectangle for boots.
10. Cover small Snow White ovals, teardrops, and heart with Snow-Tex. Use toothpick to place a little Snow-Tex on head for tuft of hair and eyebrows.
11. To make hanging ornament, attach ends of piece of cord to each hand with mini clothespin. (Optional)
Add more holiday bling by painting over suggested colors with corresponding color of Craft Twinkles Glitter Paint. Or get a vintage look by repainting with corresponding Dazzling Metallic color.