Meet Mr. Pumpkin
Let this charming, Foam-Painted fellow greet the guests at your Halloween gatherings.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
FP01 - White
FP03 - Orange
FP05 - Apple Green
FP07 - Purple
FP09 - Black
FP10 - Hot Pink
DBL1000-B - Liner #0
#12 flat brush|
1 3/4" Styrofoam ball
3/16" wood dowel in 5" pieces
2 1/4" foam egg shape, halved
Small wood spool
Fun Foam in black, lime green
Green foam oval
Small foam star shape
Lime green buttons
Chenille stems (lime green,orange)
Palette or plastic plate
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Foam mini pumpkin
1. Remove pumpkin stem.
2. Using #12 flat brush, paint as follows: spool and egg halves, Black; Styrofoam ball, Orange; dowel pieces, Apple Green; pumpkin, Purple; and star, Hot Pink.
3. With liner brush, paint Orange stripes around each dowel.
4. Twist orange and green chenille stems together for arms.
5. Cut out 2 3/4" circle each from black and green foam sheets. Cut out triangle shapes around green circle edge for collar.
6. Use Black Foam Paint and its writer tip to paint face on orange ball and lettering on oval. Highlight eye with White.
7. Use Hot Pink Foam Paint and its writer tip to stripe spool.
8. To assemble: Push dowel legs into pumpkin body and shoes onto legs. Secure with glue. Position collar and chenille stem arms on body. Insert toothpick halfway through collar center into body. Position and push head onto toothpick. Secure with glue. Position black foam hat brim and spool on head. Push toothpick into spool center and through foam. Adhere star on toothpick top, and secure hat with glue. Adhere oval on toothpick. Position and adhere to hand.
Let dry between paint applications.