Mr. Pumpkin Man
Build this pumpkin man with foam pumpkin, a cone base, and lots of color, glitter, and texture from DecoArt.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
Fine point black permanent marker
1/4" round foam pouncer brush
Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
18" length of orange 24-gauge wire
24-mm plastic top hat
Wire cutter/curling tool
Miniature 3" x 4" foam pumpkin
Styrofoam cone, 3 7/8" wide at base, 11 7/8" high
Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surfaces.
1. Use craft knife to carve out hole in bottom of pumpkin to fit over cone tip; glue over cone. Remove stem from top of pumpkin.
2. Use flat brush to apply thin coat of Stucco Paintable Textures over foam cone, brushing in all directions to apply smoothly and evenly. Let dry.
3. Use flat brush and Lamp Black to paint jacket with scalloped bottom over top half of cone, leaving inverted triangle shape open at top center for shirt; let dry.
4. Use shader brush and Warm White to paint shirt area of cone; use liner brush to paint crescent-shaped mouth on pumpkin face. Use pouncer brush dipped in Warm White to dot on for eyes; let dry.
5. Use flat brush and Citron Green to paint remainder of cone. Dip brush handle in Citron Green and dot at center of Warm White eyes. Use shader brush to paint Citron Green bow tie at top of shirt. Let dry.
6. Use black marker to draw dot over Citron Green dots of eyes, inverted triangle nose, eyebrow lines, outline of mouth, and lines over mouth for teeth.
7. Refer to photo and use pencil to draw diamond pattern on front half of Citron Green area. Use shader brush and Vivid Violet to paint diamonds four-across and back side of cone. Dip brush handle end in Vivid Violet to dot buttons on coat. Let dry.
8. Use shader brush and Fuchsia Craft Twinkles to paint over Vivid Violet diamonds; let dry.
9. Use Lime Green Craft Twinkles Writer to paint over bowtie; let dry.
10. Use Black Writer to dot buttons on shirt and between diamond shapes; let dry.
11. Spray figure with Americana Gloss Sealer and let dry.
12. Glue top hat over stem hole on top of head.
13. Poke end of wire through one side of cone to other. Bend upward at cone and back down for shoulders, holding in place at each side. Bend wire upward at elbow and curl ends.