Not-So Scaredy Cat
Let this sleek cat, textured and bedazzled with Paintable Textures and Dazzling Metallics, be the center of your Halloween table.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
Two 7/8" x 2" unfinished wood ovals|
1/4" and 1/2" round foam pouncer brushes
Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Wire cutter/curling tool
Four 4" pieces of 20-gauge black craft wire
12" piece of 6" black tulle net
Miniature 2" x 3" foam pumpkin
Styrofoam cone, 2 3/4" at base, 9 3/4" high
Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surfaces.
1. Use craft knife to carve out hole in bottom of pumpkin to fit over cone tip; glue over cone.
2. Refer to photo for placement of ears and use craft knife to make small slit at each side of head at top, slide one end of oval wood piece into each slit and press into pumpkin to secure in place.
3. Use flat brush to apply thin coat of Stucco over Styrofoam cone, brushing in all directions to apply smoothly and evenly. Let dry.
4. Use flat brush and Lamp Black to paint wood pieces for ears, pumpkin for head, and top 2/3 of cone body; let dry.
5. Use flat brush and Purple Pearl to paint remaining third at bottom of cone; let dry.
6. Refer to photo and use shader brush with Festive Green to paint eyes on pumpkin head; use 1/4" pouncer to paint random Festive Green dots print on Lamp Black area of cone. Let dry.
7. Use shader brush and Festive Red to paint inside of ears and inverted triangle for nose; let dry.
8. Use 1/4" pouncer and Splendid Gold to dot randomly on Lamp Black area of cone; repeat with 1/2" pouncer and Purple Pearl. Let dry.
9. Use Black Writer to paint narrow ovals for eye pupils, paint dots at center of colored dots on black, and vertical stripes around Purple Pearl area of cone. Let dry.
10. Spray cat with Americana Gloss Sealer; let dry.
11. Tie black net around neck of cat in knot to form bow tie and trim ends.
12. Curl 2/3 of each wire and stick straight end of two pieces into each side of face.