Note: Allow paint to dry between all steps.
1. Use #3 round brush for all steps unless otherwise noted. Rinse and pat dry brush between colors.
2. Wipe down surface of mug with alcohol wipe to remove any dirt or oils.
3. Transfer owl pattern to mug: cut 3" x 3.5" box around owl image and then cut same sized piece of black transfer. Using transparent tape, secure transfer paper (charcoal size down) and owl pattern to mug. Trace over owl pattern with pencil. (Some tracing will rub off, but that's to be expected.)
4. Begin painting owl, one section at a time, from top to bottom using drag technique: squeeze out line of paint then go back and "drag" paint inward along contour of line using #3 round brush.
5. Using Turquoise and drag technique, outline top of owl's head/ears.
6. Draw two circular outlines with White for eyes. (Use drag technique.)
7. Repeat this process using Orange for beak; Turquoise for lower body; Pink for belly; Green for wings; and Yellow for feet.
8. Once dry, squeeze out one dot of Black for each eye. Allow owl to dry completely.
9. Apply daisy patterns (as described in step 3) and trace daisies.
10. Using Pink, outline each petal of daisy and use drag technique to fill in petals.
11. Once dry, squeeze small dot of Blue in center of each bloom.
12. For second owl mug, repeat all steps, substituting following colors: owl body, Orange; wings, Turquoise; petals, Turquoise; feet, Green; and daisy dot, Pink.
13. If desired, follow directions on back of paint labels to create durable, dishwasher-safe finish.
It helps to paint mug while it's lying on your lap.