Pumpkin in a Jar
How clever, your guests will think, when they see this sparkling Halloween pumpkin you make from a Mason jar and Americana Acrylics.
Click here for pattern
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
#8 flat brush|
#12 flat brush
Palette or plastic plate
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Scissors or craft knife
Tracing and transfer paper
Stylus or pen
Self-adhesive paper (Contact)
Green chenille stem
Green craft foam
Quart clear glass jar with lid
Wash jar in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry completely. Use scissors to cut out green foam leaf shapes.
1. Use craft knife or scissors to cut mouth shape from self-adhesive paper. Position and press shape onto jar.
2. Basecoat jar and lid with Multi-Purpose Sealer.
3. Paint lid and neck of jar Hauser Light Green. Paint remainder of jar Pumpkin.
4. Trace and transfer patterns for eyes and nose, or use chalk pencil to draw shapes on jar.
5. Side load #12 flat brush with Tangelo Orange and float color in vertical stripes on jar. (Refer to photo for placement.)
6. Paint eyes Snow White with Baby Blue irises and Lamp Black pupils. Highlight with Snow White.
7. Paint nose Tangelo Orange.
8. Remove adhesive paper from mouth area.
9. Use liner brush and Lamp Black to outline shapes.
10. Brush Star Lite Topcoat over jar and Christmas Green Craft Twinkles over leaves and lid.
11. Mist jar and lid with Americana Matte Spray.
12. Twist chenille stem around jar top. Position and adhere foam leaves onto chenille stem ends.
Helpful Hint: Let dry between steps.