Your home can be invaded this Halloween by this space-age pumpkin, brought to life by Americana Acrylics and Dazzling Metallics.
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
Styrofoam sheet, cut into 2 "c" shapes for hands|
5/16" wood dowel
1" flat brush
Round sponge pouncer
Palette or plastic plate
Silver foil chenille stems (2)
Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
Casters or wheels, optional
Punch or screwdriver, optional
Large square-shaped foam pumpkin
1. Prime pumpkin with Multi-Purpose Sealer.
2. Paint entire pumpkin Shimmering Silver, dowel Lamp Black, and hands Champagne Gold.
3. Use 1" flat brush and Champagne Gold to paint large rectangle for mouth area.
4. Paint two small squares using Olive Green.
5. Use foam pouncer and Lamp Black to stamp eye pupils inside squares.
6. Use brush handle and Snow White to dot eye highlights.
7. Use #6 chisel blender brush to paint Lamp Black eyebrows and mouth.
8. Use brush handle end and Lamp Black to dot around edge of mouth area.
9. Mist with Americana Matte Sealer Spray.
10. To assemble: Punch holes for dowel as desired in pumpkin sides. Thread dowel through pumpkin. Push hands onto dowel ends and secure with glue. Punch hole in stem area for antenna. Insert antenna and secure with glue. Punch holes for wheels. Push wheels into place or adhere with glue.
Let dry between steps.